Our Response to COVID-19
None of us could have predicted the events of 2020. During these unprecedented times where the impact has been felt so widely and acutely by so many, Pathways has remained steadfast in providing a platform for businesses to survive and thrive. We understand the setbacks we have all experienced—financially, emotionally and socially—and we have taken every possible measure to ensure we keep our doors open and use this hiatus as an opportunity for change and growth.
We also recognize the need to follow the state health and safety mandates as they are put forth, and responded operationally in ways that reduced expenses and still allowed us to best serve the community. To that end, Pathways instituted the following temporary changes:
- Discontinued distribution of a printed publication to our 300+ outlets in Maryland, DC and Virginia.
- Changed the format of Pathways Magazine to an all-color digital, interactive online version using FlippingBook.com.
- Offered advertising rates at half price, and expanded marketing options to include social media and other channels.
- Suspended all hosted live events until gathering restrictions are lifted.
Internally, we have been re-evaluating our business model, investing in technology solutions, and engaging in short- and long-term strategic planning in preparation to “re-open” all aspects of Pathways the moment it is advisable by health and safety experts. We have used these many months to:
- Expand and reinvigorate ourselves virtually with a fresh new look and a new comprehensive website!
- Create a virtual marketplace to feature and connect businesses directly with our audience
- Initiate a twice-monthly e-newsletter to keep our Pathways community connected
- Offer interim marketing rate cards that reflect reduced ad pricing and expanded marketing opportunities
- Ramp up our social media presence to keep our Pathways community engaged
- Plan for a Virtual Expo and Workshop Series
- Redesigned our PRINT magazine and renewed our distribution of our PRINT magazine.
Our community is strong, loyal and connected. We will all get through this and move forward in a smarter, more efficient and sustainable position than the one we left behind. We want to thank everyone for the continued support—we are so grateful and fully appreciate we would not still exist without you. We are hopeful about our future, and believe we will all come out of this stronger than ever…together!